The palace of Immam is situated in Souk Al Wadi village, 15km from Sanaa. The date of foundation is unknown but it's believed to be built in far pre-Islamic time. Today it's one of the symbols of Yemen.
Around the palace, on the high hills, there are five watchtowers.
Today they are in a semi-demolished condition.
The palace was built on the high hill in Wadi Zahr village that used to belong to Imam.
Semi-demolished houses are still inhabited.
In the time of Turks the palace was fully destroyed and rebuilt in 1786 and in 1930 it was made larger and became a summer residence of Imam.
Houses in the village are well seen from the roof.
The palace has 7 floors, 35 rooms and today it is a museum.
It is a fridge. Through the holes cold wind is constantly blowing keeping the coolness.
Fountain in the courtyard.